Atom FREE HTML Web Editor
Last updated on March 25th, 2023 by A1 True Jobs
Atom is an HTML editor that came out in 2014 and gained tremendous momentum since. Atom is a free, open-source code editor, and it was developed by the GitHub team. Atom uses a free software license for its package and it is maintained by the GitHub community. It aims to offer a premium feel to the editor while keeping it completely free. As well as the flexibility to customize the software itself.
As for the tagline, they boast as a hackable text editor for the 21st century. It means that developers can contribute to edit, extend, change, and share the program source code as well as create their packages to improve Atom.
- Alexa Rank - 9586
- Developer(s) - GitHub (subsidiary of Microsoft)
- Initial release - 26 February 2014
- Stable release - 14 July 2020
- Operating system - macOS 10.9 or later, Windows 7 and later, and Linux
- Type - Source code editor
- License - Binaries for Freeware and Source code for MIT License (free software)
- Website - https://atom.io
- Cross-platform editing: Atom works across operating systems. Use it on OS X, Windows, or Linux.
- Built-in package manager: Search for and install new packages or create your own right from Atom.
- Smart autocompletion: Atom helps you write code faster with a smart and flexible autocomplete.
- File system browser: Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
- Multiple panes: Split your Atom interface into multiple panes to compare and edit code across files.
- Find and replace: Find, preview, and replace text as you type in a file or across all your projects.
Why do web developers love Atom ?
- Customizable. Atom is very easy to customize, tweak how the interface looks, and add other essential features. You can also build packages and themes from scratch. Or, simply install pre-made packages and themes from the community.
- Atom in Dev Mode. You can experiment by adding features to the core system.
- Git and GitHub integration.
- Cross-platform editing. Atom works across all operating systems.
If you want to explore more about Text Editor or WYSIWYG Editor, We recommend you to go through our detailed article of HTML Editors.
Disclaimer : The original content is Atom FREE HTML Web Editor and owner ( RGB Web Tech ) reserved rights for content